How to Keep Your Fitness Goals
Don't have time for exercise? Follow these five simple tips to overcome common fitness obstacles, set goals you can achieve, and stay fit.
Why are so many New Year's fitness resolutions a memory by Valentine's Day? Most people say it's lack of time, but you have what it takes to get your fitness goals back on track.
Once you get in the habit of exercising, even if it's only for 10 minutes a day, it's easier to keep going - and going longer. What's most important is to set attainable goals so you don't get discouraged.
Five Ways to Stay Fit
- Set attainable goals: You can always change them as you progress.
- Vary your workout: It's easier to stay motivated when you have new things to try.
- Make it social: Exercise with a friend or find one at the gym.
- Find activities you enjoy: If you aren't sure where to start, think about your hobbies or sports you used to play.
- Talk to your doctor: Be sure your health concerns match your fitness goals.